The following suggestions have been put forth to further improve minibus safety:
- Police will increase frequency of surprise inspections on minibuses and will not hesitate to hand out fines, in order to increase public awareness of the problem.
- Increase the rate of outfitting old buses with seatbelts. (over 70% of minibuses today still do not have seatbelts)
- Drivers found guilty of speeding or reckless driving can be dismissed after only one offence.
- Drivers must remind passengers to buckle up, and can refuse to drive until all passengers have done so.
- Increase driver safety and awareness by providing training courses.
- Install P.A. systems to remind passengers of safety procedures.