• Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 powered devices.
• Remote PC Sync (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues.
• Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices
running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0
will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in
ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and
certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange.
• Microsoft® Outlook® 2000 is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. It is
highly recommended that users upgrade to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003
messaging and collaboration client.
• Conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not
supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was
limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003
• Conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported
by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to
devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
*Connectivity and synchronization may require separately purchased
equipment and/or wireless products (e.g., WiFi card, network software,
server hardware, and/or redirector software). Service plans are
required for Internet, WiFi and phone access. Features and performance
may vary by service provider and are subject to network limitations.
See device manufacturer, service provider and/or corporate IT
department for details.
Here are some screenshots of ActiveSync 4.5: