Google has released an updated version of its Gmail for mobile application, which works on phones that are Java ME-enabled including Pocket PCs. BlackBerry users do not get the updated version yet but it should be on its way.
The new version of Gmail for mobile is faster than before — and
consumes a lot less data. It also has a number of new features,
- more than 30 percent faster overall, and 80 percent faster for some tasks
- a contacts viewer to view your all Gmail contacts and addresses
- an outgoing mail footer to let your recipients know you’ve sent an email from a mobile device
- click-to-call phone numbers which you can call without retyping the number
- emails are saved for later re-editing if connection drops or if you want to perform another task before sending out the message
- Gmail keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks faster (on phones with full keyboards).
Official Gmail Blog