for me, these were the main reasons why I decided not to buy:
– fonts too small. Bad for me who has presbyopia.
– screen size too small. Watching movies during travel is my only spare time and screen this small does not make watching movies enjoyable.
– most netbooks are around 1.3kg. They are not considered light.
– battery life is absurd
– Initially a netbook was intended for backing up SD cards for my cameras. But nowadays, 32/64Gb SDHC cards are very affordable and enough for any length of travel.
– last but not least…I found $4k a netbook overpriced and especially true for those with 8-20Gb SSD that has mediocre speed.