- June 9, 2009 at 11:17 am #2182
At the WWDC, Apple announced a few significant changes to its MacBook line.
Yes, that above is an SD-slot! It has replaced the ExpressCard slot in a few MacBook Pro models.
The 15″ MacBook Pro gets the same revolutionary built-in battery as the 17″ version, which means Lithium-Polymer with up to 7 hours of battery life. The battery has an estimated lifespan of 1,000 recharges = 5 years.
- The entry 15″ MacBook Pro now starts at HK$13,188, has a 2.53GHz CPU and does away with the additional 9600M GPU. 4GB RAM with a 250GB HD.
- HK$15,388: 15″, 2.66/4GB/320GB/9400+9600M
- HK$17,688: 15″, 2.8/4GB/500GB/9400+9600M
- The 17″ MacBook Pro specs are unchanged, but it’s the only MacBook with an ExpressCard slot. Price dropped to HK$19,188.
As for the 13″ Unibody… it has been rebranded the MacBook Pro, with the same 7-hour battery:
- HK$9,288: 2.26/2GB/160GB/9400M
- HK$11,688: 2.53/4GB/250GB/9400M
Last but not least, the MacBook Air also received a couple facelifts and welcomed price slashes:
- HK$11,688: 1.86/2GB/120GB/9400M
- HK$13,988: 2.13/2GB/128SSD/9400M
So there you have it, the new line of MacBooks with a ton of 8s in the pricing. Who’s ordering one of these new MacBooks?
Head on over to the Apple Hong Kong store to get all the details.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.