- July 29, 2009 at 2:19 pm #7613
After literally a couple years of “struggle”, I’ve finally decided to get rid of the bloated CMS (I hear many people clapping in the background). The Arcade is functional again, but no guarantee of old high scores being restored.
The forum has been upgraded to SMF 2.0 RC1.2. I’m thoroughly impressed with all the new features that the developers have made to this already solid forum software. It will look very familiar to most of you but here are a few highlights:
- Portal Frontpage at http://www.kaitech.hk/index.php. All topics created from the Tech News board will display here, along with several useful blocks of information. ANYONE is welcome to post news to the frontpage and this is in fact one of the best ways you can contribute.
- True WYSIWYG editor – this is turned ON for everyone by default but can be changed through your profile preferences > Look and Layout.
- Media Gallery – everyone can have their own photo/media albums and upload photos. Images can be linked to forum posts using [smg id=xx]
- Custom profile fields – For example “What is your current phone” or “Your primary operating system”.
- Trader System mod – eBay-like feedback for transactions completed in the hopefully soon-vibrant For Sale forum
The forum needs your suggestions for bug reports and improvements, so please feel free to create new topics here or reply to this thread.
Cheers!July 29, 2009 at 7:04 pm #7614
I like :o) Very pleased to see the “old” format back, it is once again very user friendly – more than before it seems. Thanks for all the hard work!July 31, 2009 at 6:55 am #7615
Thanks for the comments. I see you’ve been busy in the Arcade 🙂August 3, 2009 at 12:51 pm #7616
Not sure what you’ve done kai, but it’s looking good, it’s loading up a whole lot faster too, did you change server or something?August 3, 2009 at 3:48 pm #76170ne0neEight wrote:Not sure what you’ve done kai, but it’s looking good, it’s loading up a whole lot faster too, did you change server or something?
No server change since the ‘black‘ template attempt, but having only the forum must be a lot more efficient than the CMS!August 5, 2009 at 9:11 am #7618
Thanks for the fallback. This interface feels so much better!August 5, 2009 at 2:50 pm #7619iTwins wrote:Thanks for the fallback. This interface feels so much better!
Glad you like it. If I remember correctly you had a knack for finding bugs, so do let me know if you find anything. Not only bugs, but suggestions for improvements would be welcome :cool
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.