- February 18, 2008 at 9:19 pm #2660
The result from Sony Ericsson’s first foray outside of the Symbian OS is the upcoming XPERIA X1. Running on Windows Mobile 6, it comes with a truly impressive array of specs that will incite the techno-lust within you.
The X1 will come in a horizontal sliding form factor that users of the TyTN II will be familiar with. As opposed to the tilting feature of the HTC device, the X1 has an arc sliding mechanism as evidenced by photos below.
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 900/1700/1900/2100 MHz
- Windows Mobile 6
- 3″, touch sensitive display, 800х480, 65 K colors
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- 4-way key & optical joystick
- Dimensions: 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm (slightly thinner than TyTN II which is 19mm thick)
- Weight: 145 grams (TyTN II is 190g)
- Camera: 3.2 MP, autofocus with light
- Bluetooth (A2DP), Wi-Fi, aGPS
- Bundled storage: up to 400 Mb
- microSD memory expansion slot
The Xperia X1 will be available in either black or silver, in selected markets from the second half of 2008.February 18, 2008 at 9:19 pm #2661
This is so nice!! Would love to have that 800×480 screen. Hope a nice lens comes with the camera as well. Bye Bye Symbian?February 18, 2008 at 9:19 pm #2662
Are you sure its micro-SD and not micro-MS?February 18, 2008 at 9:19 pm #2663
that’s a very good point. being SONY I would expect it to use MS, but on this link it indicates micro-SD at the bottom.February 18, 2008 at 9:19 pm #2664
Yes I would suspect M2 as well. No complaints if MicroSD though as I just bought an 8Gb one
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.